A Five Star Review🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟


Scripture
 
Psa. 40:9        I have told the glad news of deliverance
        in the great congregation;
    see, I have not restrained my lips,
        as you know, O Lord.
10     I have not hidden your saving help within my heart,
        I have spoken of your faithfulness and your salvation;
    I have not concealed your steadfast love and your faithfulness
        from the great congregation.

Observation

David suffered throughout much of his life, being chased by foreign and even very close enemies. Many were out to destroy him and yet, he was God’s chosen man for leadership. He often records the struggles that he faced both emotionally and physically, but he refused to be singularly focused on his troubles. David needed to express the gratitude that he felt in his heart for all that God had done for him. This had to be a public testimony, where he would give God all the credit for his victories. For David, his spiritual life was more than something that happened in the interior of his life, but it had to be expressed for all the world to see and hear. Over and over again he would speak of God’s faithfulness and salvation. The love that David felt for God overflowed and was revealed to all of his people.

David’s expressions were an announcement of good tidings. In many ways this was a prophetic word regarding the coming Messiah, the one who would bring deliverance for all of humankind. David entered into holy fellowship with God and the result was an eagerness to express to all with whom he came into contact, the incredible and steadfast love of God.

We are to become possessed of that same spirit as we learn to dwell in the presence of our Savior. David’s exuberant good tidings about God are much like a five-star review we might find on Angie’s List. His experience was so great that nothing would keep him from sharing his testimony with the whole world. 

Application

Everywhere you look these days you find reviews for different products. On Facebook people can review different organizations and it can be very damaging to get a one-star review. It takes a lot of five-star reviews to raise that average! Last evening I was looking at a piece of clothing that I could order off the internet and now we are provided with individual ratings or reviews of those pieces of clothing. Someone who has a bad experience may give that item one or two stars. You tend to be drawn toward those negative reviews and wonder what the challenge was for this individual. I often fly on Delta Airlines and every time I travel they want me to review the service that I received. Everyone wants the five-star review!

I’ve never thought about writing a review of my relationship with God, but that’s exactly what David has done here for us. He literally writes a five-star review, one which draws us into his experience and makes us want to have a little taste of what he has had. For fun I decided to see if anyone has ever written a review of, or scored their relationship with God. As far as I can tell, there is no such site. If you find one — please let me know. I did discover reviews of books under which you could potentially receive five gold stars! But now I’m feeling challenged. What if I were to write a review of my relationship with God, what would I say?

🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟 My daily walk with the Lord is the centering and guiding force of my life. There is no “product” available that could ever replace an intimate relationship with Jesus Christ. Lately I have experienced such peace and calm as I daily try to seek first God’s kingdom. The result is that everything else in life takes a backseat to the incredible love that can be experienced by spending time with the Lord. I strongly recommend having a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. This has transformed my life!

Let’s think about sharing our review, or testimony, of what Christ has done for us with someone who may be needing to hear that good news. We were never meant to keep this to ourselves, but to overflow with the love of God by sharing with others. Time to write our five-star review!

Prayers

Lord, there will never be enough words of gratitude to express my love and praise for what you have done. Amen.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Take Off Your Ornaments

Does God Value Boys More than Girls?

The Advantage of Sanctification