Walk In Love


Scripture:

2John 5:5 But now, dear lady, I ask you, not as though I were writing you a new commandment, but one we have had from the beginning, let us love one another.  6 And this is love, that we walk according to his commandments; this is the commandment just as you have heard it from the beginning—you must walk in it.

Observation:


The story is not a new one. Christ-followers are to be marked by their love for one another.   This is a gentle reminder about what’s important in life. God’s people are to love one another and then, as if there needed to be a definition John explains himself. Love is when we walk “according to his commandments.” Love is active — it walks!

Application:

Resting in the love of God is how we begin that walk in love. I can’t walk in God’s love if I don’t learn to rest and relax in his love for me. Only when I slow down long enough to experience his love can I walk in and take his love with me in my life.

Next, I am challenged to love fellow Christ-followers. The body of Christ is to be marked by unity and love for one another. Sadly, this is far too often not the case and the world looks upon our disunity and wonders who we are!

Walking in God's love transforms the way in which we view everything. We begin to see people and circumstances through the eyes of Christ. We actively take his love to the places where he wants to go and the world is touched by the love of God.

The gentle reminder to the dear lady is for us. Walk in love today.

Prayer:

Lord, may you empower me so that your love will revealed in and through me.  Amen.


Thank you to Nazarene Publishing House and Keri Mitchell for helping to create and publish Reflecting the Image. This is not a devotional book, but rather a collection of thoughts and stories which lead us in the direction of reflecting Christ. Click on the image to take you to the NPH bookstore.The book is also available in Kindle format on Amazon.com.



http://www.nph.com/nphweb/html/nph/itempage.jsp?itemId=9780834135277

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Take Off Your Ornaments

Does God Value Boys More than Girls?

The Advantage of Sanctification