Just Thankful



Scripture:

Psa. 44:8     In God we have boasted continually,
        and we will give thanks to your name forever.

Observation:

David was a man who fought many battles here on this earth.  He had learned that there was no boasting in his personal successes or victories for it was God who led him day in and day out.  He wanted the world to know that it was God who was with him and bringing all the victory.  His praise and thanks to God became a part of his very being.  He realized that there was nothing apart from God.

Application:

It's easy to become wrapped up in the affairs of our daily lives and be so busy that we have no idea whether we are coming or going.  I know -- I've been there!  And then there are moments when we simply stop and slow down long enough to experience the warm and loving presence of God.  It's in those times that we realize that there is nothing greater in our lives than knowing him. 

Today I am simply thankful for the presence of God in my life.  I would be lost without him.  The journey of this life has been beyond my imagination as I have experienced serving, ministering, loving, laughing and enjoying life at the hand of God almighty. 

I want to live a life in which I boast of God and God alone -- and in which I continually give thanks to him.  Life is a special gift from a  loving God who invites us daily into a deeper relationship with him.

Yes, I am just incredibly grateful and thankful today.  Really -- no words.  Just thankful.

Prayer:

Thank you, Lord for your incredible love and peace.  Amen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Take Off Your Ornaments

Does God Value Boys More than Girls?

The Advantage of Sanctification