Bitterness at the Call of God
|Sometimes we can become stubborn as a mule when it comes to following God!|
- That our calling comes from God alone and has nothing to do with our natural gifts and abilities. It is the one who calls us who will define the task for which we are responsible. We have to learn to trust that the outcome is in God’s hands.
- Ezekiel had been given the gift of seeing the throne room of God. He knew who it was that was sending him into this mission. You and I need to have a clear view of the one who is doing the sending and this should send us to our knees. It is the Creator of all things who is giving us the privilege of representing the kingdom of God here on earth.
- That we need the power which only comes through the infilling of the Holy Spirit.
- That words we speak and the messages we share must be inspired by God. This is not something that we have just heard, but has been internalized so that the messenger may actually becomes the message.
- That God will equip us commensurate with our calling. God doesn’t ask us to go and do something without providing us that which we need to accomplish the work.
- All God’s people are called to faithfulness, and not success.
- That if God has truly called us, there is no better place to be, but in the center of God’s leading.