The ultimate test results



I don't like feeling weak, and yet in those moments do I trust in Him.  It is the ultimate test, whether in my weaknesses I am in Christ!

Scripture

And He has said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for power is perfected in weakness.” Most gladly, therefore, I will rather boast about my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may dwell in me.
(2 Corinthians 12:9 NASB)
Test yourselves to see if you are in the faith; examine yourselves! Or do you not recognize this about yourselves, that Jesus Christ is in you—unless indeed you fail the test?
(2 Corinthians 13:5 NASB)

Observation

If you are like me, you really don't look forward to taking tests. They are one of those necessities of life and every now and then we are faced with them. It may be that we have a test in our studies, or maybe it's simply the driver's test -- or why is it when we're having some lab work done we also worry about how we'll do on the test!? Because testing is a part of our lives and it is something in which we want to succeed.
Paul wrote to the Corinthians about the ultimate test. They were to examine themselves and see whether they were actually in faith. That meant that they needed to recognize that Christ was in them. The result was that for Christ to dwell in them they had to be weak. They had to stop living within their own strength, power and means, but rather, empty themselves of their own abilities and allow Christ to live in them.

Application

Is Christ in us today? That is the ultimate question. While we may have all kinds of giftings and abilities we have to ask ourselves whether or not we have submitted those things to the Lord. We must make space for Christ to live in us. When Christ does live in us, we, and others will see us differently. We will recognize and give glory to God on high for His acts in and through us. Then, we can, together with Paul rejoice over our weaknesses, because it is in those times that God shines through us.

Prayer

Lord, may people see Christ in me and my life today and may You be glorified in my weaknesses. May I relinquish my weaknesses to You and to Your control today. Amen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Take Off Your Ornaments

Does God Value Boys More than Girls?

The Advantage of Sanctification