My Help Is From God!



Scripture:

Psa. 121:1     I lift up my eyes to the hills—
        from where will my help come?
Psa. 121:2     My help comes from the LORD,
        who made heaven and earth.
 
Psa. 121:3      ¶ He will not let your foot be moved;
        he who keeps you will not slumber.
Psa. 121:4     He who keeps Israel
        will neither slumber nor sleep.
 
Psa. 121:5      ¶ The LORD is your keeper;
        the LORD is your shade at your right hand.
Psa. 121:6     The sun shall not strike you by day,
        nor the moon by night.
 
Psa. 121:7      ¶ The LORD will keep you from all evil;
        he will keep your life.
Psa. 121:8     The LORD will keep
        your going out and your coming in
        from this time on and forevermore.

Observation:

The pagan gods were strewn across the hilltops of Israel.  The people had allowed pagan worship to become a part of their society which God had told them to avoid at all cost.  The Psalmist lifts up his eyes and sees the gods of the mountaintops and proclaims that his help comes from the LORD, the one who made the mountains!  How much more powerful is the LORD who made the heaven and earth! 

Once we recognize the source of our help, the Psalmist goes on to proclaim the ways in which the LORD helps his children; his followers.

Application:

I’m in beautiful Colorado this morning and there is a tendency to look up at the beauty of the mountains which are so majestic.  At the same time, they are nothing compared to the One who created them. 

Who are we put our trust in the things of man?  Instead, as we look at awe upon his creation, may we be drawn to him who has promised to be our help in all things. 

God will sustain.

God will provide.

I lift up my eyes and the mountains remind me that He is the one in whom I will find help.

Prayer:

Lord, help me to keep my heart, mind, eyes and focus on you today and in all things.  Amen.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Take Off Your Ornaments

Does God Value Boys More than Girls?

The Advantage of Sanctification