In The Lord’s Care



Scripture:

Psa. 5:0   To the leader: for the flutes. A Psalm of David.
1     Give ear to my words, O LORD;
        give heed to my sighing.
2     Listen to the sound of my cry,
        my King and my God,
        for to you I pray.
3     O LORD, in the morning you hear my voice;
        in the morning I plead my case to you, and watch.

Observation:

The Psalmist had learned to put his trust in the Lord. He spoke words before the LORD, sharing the good and the bad of his life. Sometimes it may have been spoken words, sometimes sighs, and sometimes there were tears. It didn’t matter what the situation, David had learned to bring it all before the Lord because he had great confidence that the Lord heard him, watched over him, and cared for him.

Application:

As I write this morning my little granddaughter is laying next to me. She’s been awake for about an hour. When she first awakens she makes little noises letting us know that she is no longer sleeping  and is hungry. Her mom knows exactly what her cries mean and she cares for every need because she knows her voice. There are different sounds for hunger, a dirty diaper, and just plain unhappy! But her mother watches over her and cares for her. As a grandma, I just get to soak it all in!

God cares for us as a gentle mother, hearing our early morning cries and knowing just what we need. Remember in the midst of today’s trials that our loving God is paying attention to each of our sounds and cries and is ready to meet our needs. We are living in the Lord’s care.

Prayer:

Lord, thank you for your loving care and the gentle reminder that you hear us.  Amen.


If you would like to read more "Reflecting the Image"  click on the image to take you to the NPH bookstore.The book is also available in Kindle format on Amazon.com.




http://www.nph.com/nphweb/html/nph/itempage.jsp?itemId=9780834135277




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Take Off Your Ornaments

Does God Value Boys More than Girls?

The Advantage of Sanctification