- If you use social media, try posting at least one positive message a day. It could be praising someone, or about an encounter, or just a good word.
- If you are engaged in a discussion on social media that could be negative, try to bring about a different perspective in the conversation.
- If people are talking about someone and they are laying on the negativity — bring up the positives about the individual. Serve as a counter-balance to the conversation.
- Compliment the people that serve you — whether in a restaurant, on the telephone with customer service, or someone at the cash register.
- Tell your spouse good things; how much you love and appreciate them. Thank them for the ordinary activities they do to make your life easier.
- Tell your pastor what you liked about church last Sunday. Often our pastors only hear the criticisms and it’s very hard on them.