Jealousy is not Pretty
- Rejoice in the skills and abilities of others. Join in, praising what God has done in their lives. Do not look for ways to be critical.
- Open doors for others who have been gifted. Help them find a place of service in which they can flourish. Too often we have lost people from the church, or a business because we have been threatened by their success. When we are unable to rejoice in what they bring to the table, we send them away.
- Provide the resources for these individuals to succeed. Genuine leaders like this will help to strengthen the whole community. When they do succeed, we rejoice together and allow them to get the credit for what they have done.
- Don’t look for ways in which to be critical. Sometimes we save our harshest criticism for those who are talented and succeeding. Somehow we think that by looking for some kind of weakness, we are justifying where we find ourselves in life.
- Don’t try to manipulate circumstances to your own benefit. Constantly look out for the needs of others and rejoice in allowing them to soar beyond our abilities.