A Royal Priesthood

Scripture 1 Peter 2:9-10 But you are a chosen race, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, God’s own people, in order that you may proclaim the mighty acts of him who called you out of darkness into his marvelous light. 10 Once you were not a people, but now you are God’s people; once you had not received mercy, but now you have received mercy. Observation We are nothing apart from God. Without him we have no identity because the very stamp or imprint of who we are comes from him. We are God's people. As such, he has extended great mercy toward us so that now, as we respond to him, we have become his chosen people. As his people we are called into the service of the King, and we are a part of his royal priesthood. All who are believers are called to serve the King, and therefore we affirm the "Priesthood of all believers." As such we declare to the world the wonderful and mighty acts of God. Application If serving in the Royal Priesthood is the responsibility of all, and not just some, how does that affect our daily lives? Today, as I go into Walmart or Target, do I go with an attitude of service to God? When I get busy with the business of my work, do I do it all with an attitude of ministering to him? When I spend time with my husband, do I think about the ways in which I can bless him today? Do I call my children and minister to them? God has been incredibly merciful to me. I am not worthy to be his child, let alone serve in his Royal Priesthood, and yet he has extended that opportunity to me, and not just to me, but to all!!! What an amazing opportunity we all have, but the enemy doesn't want us to think about this or to believe it. The enemy will try to make us believe that we are nothing and that God has not redeemed us from what we once were. He does not want us to realize our full potential when we serve in the Royal Priesthood and he will do everything possible to be a stumbling block. Kick him out of the way today. Kick all temptations away and jump in wholeheartedly to the ministry into which we all are called. We belong to God! We are his...we are his people. We serve the King! Prayer Lord, please help me to face this day as your child, and as one serving in your priesthood. Amen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Take Off Your Ornaments

Does God Value Boys More than Girls?

The Advantage of Sanctification