Worship and Praise



Scripture:

Psa. 104:31      ¶ May the glory of the LORD endure forever;
        may the LORD rejoice in his works—
Psa. 104:32     who looks on the earth and it trembles,
        who touches the mountains and they smoke.
Psa. 104:33     I will sing to the LORD as long as I live;
        I will sing praise to my God while I have being.
Psa. 104:34     May my meditation be pleasing to him,
        for I rejoice in the LORD.

Observation:


Looking around at the beauty of creation we are moved to worship and to praise our God.  How can we look upon the beauty of the mountains, the foliage, the flowers, the berries, the sun setting over the ocean and yet, not praise the Creator?  When we stop in silence and look with childlike glee upon the beauty that surrounds us there is nothing more to be done but praise our God!

The Psalmist was overcome with worship before God.  Daily he looked upon all that God had done and meditated, thanking and praising the LORD.  The focus of his praise and worship was always upon God, glorifying him and praising him for what he was able to behold.

Application:


The focus of our praise should always lift us heavenward. Have we ever been blessed by looking under a microscope in science class?  The very finest details of creation can only take us back to the One who has created all of the intricacies we find here on this earth.  The overall splendor of creation can be breathtaking, but so can the smallest cell.  What is humanity in light of the greatness of God who is able to create all that we see?  And yet, the God who created all of this, loves and cares for you and me.  This is the God that I worship.

Springing up around me today is the beauty of God’s creative hand.  Whether I’m looking at a snow-capped mountain, or a desert cactus, may I rejoice in God’s creation and love for the whole world.  John 3:16 reminds us that “God so loved the world…”  — everything in it for it was all his creation. 

God’s love for this whole earth is visible in all that is seen.  May we soak in the beauty of the details that we discover surround us and give praise to the One who in his creativity has provided all for us. 

He alone is worthy of praise!

Prayer:

Lord, may my heart meditate on you as I look upon all that you have done.  Amen.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Take Off Your Ornaments

Does God Value Boys More than Girls?

The Advantage of Sanctification