My Strength Comes From the Lord!



Scripture:

Psa. 59:16      ¶ But I will sing of your might;
        I will sing aloud of your steadfast love in the morning.
    For you have been a fortress for me
        and a refuge in the day of my distress.
Psa. 59:17     O my strength, I will sing praises to you,
        for you, O God, are my fortress,
        the God who shows me steadfast love.

Observation:

David had experienced God’s grace and wisdom as he had been able to escape the reach of Saul.  While David had warrior skills, he was constantly drawn back to the saving power of God and wanted to praise and glorify God.  David knew that he couldn’t survive on his own resources, but needed to trust in God. 

Love for God simply welled out of David and he sang and glorified God.  God was his fortress and strength. 

Application:

God was and is the source of steadfast love and when we are prepared to abandon ourselves to him, love for him will simply pour of us.  We will awaken in the morning and we will be overcome with the desire to bless his holy name!  We will want to praise him and thank him for his steadfast love that endures even when life brings its difficulties. 

If we are depending on ourselves then we will find that we easily become frustrated and discouraged.  Of course we don’t have the ability to solve all that we face on our own.  When we think that we must do this alone we will become miserable, but as we trust in God almighty, we will discover that we can begin the day with a song. 

Prayer:

Lord, thank you for your leading and guiding strength! Amen.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Take Off Your Ornaments

Does God Value Boys More than Girls?

The Advantage of Sanctification